COWES HERITAGE and
Registered Charity: 1192247
Cowes Heritage and Community Group (CHCG) was formed in November 2020.
Based at Beckford Centre, 5 Beckford Road, Cowes, I.o.W PO31 7SE.
To offer a social space for the community, providing:
(1) Social groups in arts & crafts, local history and discussion.
(2) Public exhibitions and displays.
(3) Coffee Mornings and guided walks
(4) Local heritage information
(5) A space for hire to other groups or individuals
* * * * *
The two former groups that are now under the banner of CHCG:
Cowes Voluntary Community Group 1995-2019
Cowes Heritage voluntary group 2003 – 2020.
A booklet about the Beckford Centre, ‘From Letterpress to Learning’ chronicles the life of the building we now occupy as CHCG, from when the land was purchased in 1888.
This is available from the Beckford Centre, for a donation.